Now is the time to begin building a more financially secure future for yourself and your loved ones. Our Community First team of Financial Advisors (available through our partnership with CUSO Financial Services, L.P.) are here to hep you get started.
Let's explore Financial Planning for all the Stages of Your Life.
Create a plan to determine how much money you can afford to invest. How much should you keep in your checking and savings accounts? How much can you afford to invest? Which investments are right for you?
Don’t face these important issues alone. The CFS* financial advisors at Community First understand the large variety of investment services available to all types of investors. They work with you to offer guidance on which first steps are appropriate for your situation to help maximize results.
Why are there so many plans? Basically, your needs for income, growth, liquidity and safety are not the same as everyone else’s. Your goals, taxes, resources or attitudes regarding risk and reward may be different from other investors. This is where your advisor can help to create a sound financial plan tailored to your long-term financial goals.
Your advisor will help you invest money while also preparing an adequate contingency fund for emergencies. He or she will also work with you to make sure your life insurance needs are fully addressed.
Contact your financial advisor today to find out about tax-advantaged accounts, such as IRAs, Custodial Accounts, 529 Plans*, Annuities, Trusts and Retirement Plans, and to assist you with investment options and answers to all your investment questions.
Stage 2: Preparing For Your Child's College Education
Your child’s education is one of life’s top priorities, but college expenses certainly take a crunch out of your wallet. Get a head start on your child’s college education by calling a financial advisor at Community First today to help you get started in a program that is right for both you and your child.
As parents, we want to provide our children with the best educational tools possible for their continued success in life. A college education is obviously vital. However, the costs for college can be overwhelming. At an increase of about 5% per year, parents will be faced with school tuition and fees totalling $90,000 and above, with private college exceeding $200,000.
Therefore, it is imperative to plan for your child’s educational needs. The first step to creating an effective College Education plan is to contact your financial advisor. Your advisor explain options such as Coverdell Education Savings Accounts (CESAs), formerly known as education IRAs and other investment and insurance products such as Variable Universal Life Insurance.
Stage 3: Employment Changes
Are your short and long-term needs covered if your employment situation changes? Make the most of a job or career change. Talk with one of our CFS financial advisors today to make informed choices for your options.
We are committed to your financial solutions. We can help answer your questions and explain all the option available to you. With our help, you can focus on you new job rather than worrying about finances.
Stage 4: Maximizing Your Wealth
With so many ways to expand your wealth, it can be difficult to decide which options are best. We can help you achieve your wealth goals by identifying which options best match your needs.
Stage 5: Retirement
When was the last time you had your retirement plan reviewed? In this phase of life, the last thing you want to worry about are finances. How can you be assured that your plan will provide you with enough to last through your retirement years? The financial advisors at Community First understand retirement planning and can show you how to properly plan for the retirement you deserve.
For your complimentary consultation, call 904.371.8076.
* Most 529 plans are sponsored and administered by states. State tax benefits vary among the states, and some offer residents additional tax benefits if they invest in their own state plan. Consult your tax advisor for more information. Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (“CFS”), a registered broker-dealer (Member FINRA/SIPC) and SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through CFS: are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the credit union, and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through CFS. Community First Credit Union of Florida has contracted with CFS to make non-deposit investment products and services available to credit union members.
You May Also Like
*Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (“CFS”), a registered broker-dealer (Member FINRA/SIPC) and SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through CFS: are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the credit union, and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through CFS. Community First Credit Union of Florida has contracted with CFS to make non-deposit investment products and services available to credit union members.
Over the last couple of years with interest rates at a 40-year low, many people refinanced their mortgages. Even though rates have crept up over the last couple of months, refinancing may make sense for you. Use our refinance calculator to analyze your situation today!
The loan amount, the interest rate, and the term of the mortgage can have a dramatic effect on the total amount you will eventually pay for the property. Further, mortgage payments typically will include monthly allocations of property taxes, hazard insurance, and (if applicable) private mortgage insurance (PMI). Use our mortgage calculator to see the impact of these variables along with an amortization schedule.
- Community First has partnered with Sprint to offer our members yet another benefit of membership.
- At Community First, our Checking accounts actually reward you for making everyday purchases and give you all the free convenient electronic services you would expect. Our Checking accounts include features that will best fit your individual needs.
- Are you ready to finally get the new car you want? Well Community First can help save you time with fast approvals and money with great low rates.
- In November 2011, the federal government announced changes to the HARP program started in April 2009 to assist homeowners with taking advantage of the historically low mortgage rates. The revised program is now in effect and will be available through December 31, 2013.